Friday, May 04, 2007

God bless the Scots!

It took 10 years' of pathetic display of incompetence, but even in Scotland voters gave a good kicking to Labour's tax & spend policies.

I don't know (and, not being Brit, not much care) as to whether this will eventually lead to independence for Scotland (if this is what the Scottish people ultimately want, so be it) - what it really gives me a great sense of hope that, despite Labour attempts to "drug" the proud people of Scotland with handouts, benefits and pointless welfare initiatives, they got the kicking they so richly deserve.

I now feel a lot better about those £1,500 a year of my taxes (this is true of every taxpayer in England) that are funding some Scot's welfare subsidy - go ahead, mate, enjoy it: you deserved it!

Postscript
I was in Edinburgh over the Easter weekend and I was absolutely blown away by the beauty of the city and the kindness and warmth of the people there - we will definitely be going back with my family, we are all really looking forward to a tour of the great Scottish castles.

And, I suppose, it also helps the fact that I'm in absolute love with the Scottish accent - my only regret is that I'll never be able to fake it ;-)

No comments: